February 20, 2012

Inward Thoughts


I've been thinking lately how in my writing on this blog I incorporate others into it. Usually I'm ranting about how we as Christians should but don't follow this or that well. But I want to make clear I am ranting at myself. When I write a post on here it usually something that strikes me personally and I do see it as an area we all as Christians should be working on but the main focus for me writing is for me. I am calling myself out or am sharing something that was encouraging or convicting in my reading.

When I write about how when someone tells you your and heir of the world and you walk away with little to no change because of that its sad. I'm really putting myself in those shoes, I am torn up that I have little or no change when Paul tells me I am an heir of the world with Christ. When I rant at the world for the evil in it I am all too aware of my own faults and failures.

Isn't it so easy to cheer on Jesus when he's giving it to the pharisees (Luke 18:9-14) without realizing I am the pharisee, not the sinner crying out to God on the street corner. We cheer on Jesus when he gives it to the rich young ruler (Luke 18:18-30) yet don't realize that I as a poor college student am so much wealthier than even that rich man. In Luke 17:11-19 when Jesus cleanses 10 lepers it is so easy to be indignant at the 9 who didn't return to worship at Jesus' feet and then realize I am part of the 9.

When asked when he doubts God, John Piper replied not about the bridge that had just collapsed in Minneapolis or of his family struggle but he said, "I doubt God because of the painful slowness of my own sanctification."

It is a hard thing when we think that we've made such progress in our walk only to find out we are the pharisee in the story. Sanctification is a painful struggle 

Come Quick Lord Jesus! (Rev. 22:20)

No comments:

Post a Comment