May 13, 2011

My Ramblings About My Hero

I am writing this now for my Grandpa. The most Godly man I have ever been privileged to meet, and I am related to him. Harold R. Green, my Grandpa, is currently dying of pancreatic cancer. I don't know how to explain the impact that my Grandpa has had in the Cedarville, Ohio region but I know that he has touched the lives of hundreds perhaps thousands of people.

He prays for my extended family every night specifically for each person in the family, which I believe was a major factor in how God called me into ministry. He did so many little things and was so funny and witty that you couldn't help but like him.

He would always have a bag of little rubber frogs that whenever he would give out to waiters and waitresses as well as many other people that he would meet and explain that the frog stood for Fully Rely On God and then would say or take it a step further and its Fully Rely On God's Son, frogs, he then will ask if he can pray for you.

My Grandpa raised a great family, definitely with quirks, but all of his children love the Lord they have taken what my Grandpa has taught them and transfered it to all the kids. There are not many families that can claim that all their kids are believers as well as all grandkids, and my Grandfather is at the center of it. his passion for the Lord touches all those that he comes near. I am so blessed to have him in my life.

As my father is there now to be with him in his last moments, he sent us an e-mail saying that as he and my Grandpa spoke about the end my Grandpa replied, "I am not afraid." And that is the kind of man my Grandfather is, a loving, teasing, passionate man that demands respect, and I cannot wait to embrace when we meet again in glory.

I pray that God will be glorified through his death even more than in life. Most of all I pray that I can model my Grandpa in my life for he has been the greatest model of Christ to me.

To: The greatest model of Christ in my life, Harold R. Green

Thank you for your awesome impact in my life and the love that you have shown me. I praise God for your life and the impact you've had in me personally.

No comments:

Post a Comment