April 18, 2011

Would You?

As the days edge closer to Easter I have begun to think about those who crucified our savior. I think that many of us think if we were only there we would have stopped it, or I wouldn't have yelled "Crucify Him." Yet, to believe such is arrogance or ignorance. The apostle Peter denied Christ and he had been with Christ many places seeing and experiencing His glory. For example he was on the mountain top with Christ shining in glory with Moses and Elijah next to Him. If Peter who had seen the glory of Christ Himself and denied Christ in the time He was destined to suffer and die for Christ what then makes you think that you could have done different. 


In the business world there are those that reach their peak and cannot go any higher in a company, but there a few that do not reach a peak they are great at what they do in every aspect, but those who are near the top but have peaked out are threatened by those that succeed in all they do, and the higher ups will do whatever it takes to keep those at lower levels. 


How much more so when the perfect being of Christ came to Earth that the all the political powers were extremely threatened by Him. They wanted Him out of the way because He threatened there power and control. so they crucified Him. The sinful human cannot stand the presence of the holy, it is death to them. It is only in our salvation that we can love God, for we are now righteous by the blood of Christ, but to assume if you were there you wouldn't have cried "Crucify Him" with the rest is folly. 


We are a fallen people and Christ is the resurrected lamb worthy of all praise and honor and glory. How is it that we don't give Him our all, for He deserves much more than that? It was MY sin upon His shoulders.


How deep the Father's love for us,
How vast beyond all measure
That He should give His only Son
To make a wretch His treasure

How great the pain of searing loss,
The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the chosen One,
Bring many sons to glory

Behold the Man upon a cross,
My sin upon His shoulders
Ashamed I hear my mocking voice,
Call out among the scoffers

It was my sin that held Him there
Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
I know that it is finished

I will not boast in anything
No gifts, no power, no wisdom
But I will boast in Jesus Christ
His death and resurrection

Why should I gain from His reward?
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom




No comments:

Post a Comment