March 31, 2011

What If?

This past year I have been listening to many different pastors and have gained a great respect for David Platt, pastor of Brook Hills church in Birmingham Alabama. One thing that they have started doing in their church is what is called the Secret Church which is where they gather for 6 straight hours to do nothing but study the Bible. He came up with this idea while in a closed country where he was teaching the bible to underground church pastors in that country and he was so taken by how they wanted nothing but to study scripture even in a packed room in great heat, and the question he poses is if the cost for studying the Word of God was much higher in America would we still be willing. And so the Secret Church was born.

But I still wonder what this country would be if the cost of studying God's word was much higher.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds awesome. The more I stop and think about how good we have it in this country, the more convicted am I when I think about how I sometimes neglect God's Word.

    Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete